Thursday, October 13, 2011

Trip to the Pumpkin Patch


Today, when Jonathan got home from work, we took the boys to the pumpkin patch.  We go to the one at Second Baptist Church because it's so close to our house.  For the last 3 or 4 years, our pumpkins have come from there.  All of the proceeds go to the church's student ministry.

Every since they started setting up, the boys have been anxiously waiting to go.  We pass by it at least once a day, but they knew we had to wait until Daddy could go with us.  The reason?  They are WILD at the pumpkin patch!  Jonathan and I have to watch them like hawks.

Imagine three boys running around like crazy, picking up all kinds of pumpkins, and throwing the pumpkins around like basketballs.  I am waiting on the day when one of the boys throws one just right that it busts all over the place.  I will die!  I'm really surprised that it hasn't already happened.

All that said, I do love their excitement over the pumpkin patch.  They are great helpers and really get into picking out the best pumpkins.  We had to cut them off because we had way more pumpkins than we intended on having.  And I had to get some mums while we were there, too.







Now, we are all set for fall!  Well, at least for today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment