This morning, I had to be at Austin's school at 8:30 a.m. for his second field trip of the year. Kidz Kountry was the destination!
There were several parents going, so some of us doubled up in cars. I decided to ride with my friend, Erin, who had her daughter and another a little girl, Eva. Well, Austin was so excited to jump in the car with them because he says Eva is his girlfriend. And Erin informed me that Eva was just as thrilled. I won't even go into the kissing discussion that the little munchkins were having in the car.
Once we arrived at Kidz Kountry, after a few wrong turns, the kids were so excited. They jumped out of the car and ran to meet up with all their buddies. The first activity was a hayride, which Austin says was his favorite part.
Then, the kids got to do turtle races. I couldn't believe that Austin was actually touching the turtle.
Up next was the pumpkin patch. All of the kiddos got to pick out their own pumpkin to take home. It took Austin about a second to run and grab the biggest one he saw.
After finding a spot to set down their pumpkins, we stood and waited for the train ride. The class just jumped right on and were ready to take off.
I do have to say that the next few activities were not my favorite. I like being outdoors, but I am not a farm animal gal. I can do without horses, goats, pigs, and roosters, just to name a few. And I can do without the smell that comes along with those animals, too.
The kids, on the other hand, loved every minute of the farm. They all got to take turns riding on the horses. During the first groups turn, one of the horses used the bathroom. All of the children were laughing, but I was trying not to vomit.
Milking a goat was next in line. The whole class lined up and had a turn. Once again, I was shocked that Austin was willing to take part, but he was such a good sport about everything. After the goat, they got to feed pigs, goats, and cows.
Before lunch, they ran through a hay maze and were cheering when they made it out. So cute!!
In all, Kidz Kountry is a great farm for children to explore and have fun! I just won't be making any special trips there for myself. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment