Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Austin's 6th Birthday!

Today, my oldest baby turned 6!


I can still remember October 5, 2005 like it was yesterday.  Sitting in the hospital room with Jonathan, my mom, and my sister, I anxiously awaited the arrival of my first son.  I had no clue how much that sweet angel would change my life.  God made me a mother!  And I thank God everyday for placing that baby boy in my arms to care for, protect, and love.

Through Austin, I have learned so many things.  He is a very strong-willed child, but he has got a heart and soul that will melt you.  Thanks to him, I have become a better person and learn more and more each day.

This morning, he was in such a great mood because he was, officially, 6!  Jonathan and I saved our birthday present for him, so he would have a gift on his "real" birthday.  We couldn't wait to give it to him and he was thrilled!





Getting dressed for school was a breeze, too.  He knew I was bringing cupcakes to his class and coming to have lunch with him, so he was ready to go.  He even rode to school playing his guitar.


After I picked up Hudson from school, we went through McDonalds and grabbed lunch to take to Austin.  He was extremely happy to see us there with his Happy Meal.

I so enjoyed listening to the conversations between him and his friends over lunch.  They are the cutest little people!

After lunch, I took Austin home and we enjoyed the rest of the afternoon playing outside.  Jonathan came home a little early and had picked up Austin's birthday dinner.  Steak!  Yep, that's what Austin wanted for his birthday.  Jonathan cooked it up and it was delicious!

And what's a birthday without some dessert?  So we decided to make some funfetti cookies.  Easy and YUM!  Camden was a little unhappy at first and got a bit worse when Austin started laughing at him.  However, when the cookies were done, Camden cheered up.





Austin had a GREAT birthday and is already talking about turning 7!
It will probably be here before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment