Saturday, October 15, 2011

Skating Party

This afternoon, my cousin's little girl, Jasmin, had a skating party for her 7th birthday.  And it was a blast!

Birthday Girl

This was the first time my boys have stepped foot into a skating rink.  Austin was excited to try it out, but Hudson decided he would play games instead.  Camden just ran around the place like he owned it, as usual.

Austin put on his skates and Jonathan and I helped him out.  He was all over the place.  Then, we realized that some of the other beginners were using a little "helper."  It's the coolest thing ever!  Austin grabbed a hold of it and took off.



After watching for a minute, I couldn't resist the rink.  So, I put on some skates and headed out.  It has been years since I have skated.  I loved it, but I do have to admit that I was a little rusty.  Just when I thought I was getting good, I busted right on my bottom.  OUCH!  My cousin, Casey, was the only family member that saw and she was cracking up.  I am pretty sure that I will have a nice bruise by tomorrow because it's VERY sore.  However, I would so do it again.


Austin ended up skating the whole time.  Towards the end, he was letting go of the bars and showing off some dance moves.  He was definitely feeling the music!


Since he was all gamed out, Hudson decided he would join my nephew, Chayton, and ride on the "helper."  My brother-in-law pushed them around.  That's about as close to skating as he was willing to get.  I tried to get Camden on it, but he ran the opposite direction.


I love skating parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment