Friday, October 28, 2011

Oh, Adenoids



Camden's adenoids are out.  This morning, Camden and I went to the surgery center at 6:45.  Jonathan stayed home with Austin and Hudson, so I got to tackle the procedure by myself.  However, I knew the drill.  I had to take Hudson when he was a baby by myself, too.

I was worried about the no food and no drink rule, but Camden did great.  Once they called us back, he got to pick out a toy to keep him happy while we waited.  And we had to wait for quite some time before the procedure.  The toy cart was setup right by us, so Camden played with every toy.  He was throwing footballs everywhere and trying to open all the packages.

When the nurse brought us the gown, Camden refused to wear it.  He decided that being in his diaper was perfectly fine and Dr. Klug was not bothered by it at all.  He referred to Camden as Tarzan.

I had been so worried about them taking him from me, but it ended up being fine.  Camden went to the nurse anesthetist and just layed his head on the guy's shoulder.  So sad!  It was like he knew what was coming.

I waited in the waiting room and made a couple of calls, then they were done.  When I got back to see Camden, he was not a happy camper.  I finally got him calmed down, but that didn't last long.  He pulled his IV out, so blood went all over me and his blanket.  (Thanks to my husband's new cleaning purchase, all of the blood came out of my shirt.)

After about 45 minutes in recovery, we were able to leave.
Camden was glad to be home and is back to his busy little self.

A HUGE "thank you" to those of you who were praying for my sweet baby and those who called to check on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment