Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall Break

Today, Austin and Hudson were out of school for Fall Break, so Jonathan and I planned a day of fun.

We started out by going to Shelby Farms.  Since Austin has been begging to go fishing, we began our day at the lake.  The weather was beautiful and the fish were biting.  Or should I say, one fish took a bite.  Austin caught the one and only fish and was ecstatic.  Hudson tried for a while, but wasn't as lucky.  In all, the boys had fun running around checking out the scenery.















Up next was the playground.  This was our first time to experience the Woodland Discovery Playground and it was awesome.  Plenty of room for the boys to run, play, and discover.  They loved everything about it.  We will definitely go back.








We had to head back home because the boys needed lunch and Camden needed a nap.  But once Camden woke up, we went to The Booksellers at Laurelwood.  The boys played with puppets, read a few books, and found many toys they wanted to bring home.  The bookstore is remodeling, so they didn't have there usual setup.  Usually they have a train table out, but it was gone.  I hope they aren't planning on doing away with it.  My boys have always loved spending time at the bookstore play area in the winter months.

What was for dinner?  Mexican!  El Mezcal is right by our house and great for kids.  They are quick, which is what we need with 3 busy boys.  Camden stayed entertained through dinner, by playing basketball with a lime.  Others may have thought we were crazy, but I was amused by Camden's shooting ability.  He was trying to throw the lime into our glasses of water.  I do have to say, the boy has got pretty good aim.

After more playtime at home and baths, we tucked the boys into bed and called it a night.  I am looking forward to what tomorrow will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment