Friday, January 20, 2012

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Today, this sweet little boy gave me quite a scare.


It was about 1:45 when everything went down.  I was in the bathroom getting ready to dry my hair, and Camden was right there with me.  Well, he decided he had other plans, instead of watching me.  After about 5 minutes, I turned the dryer off, and Camden walked back into the bathroom.  He proceeded to show me his wet feet.  I asked, "What have you been doing?"  So, he walked me into the kitchen, where I completely went into shock.

In 5 minutes, Camden managed to move our high bar stool over to the medicine cabinet, which is pretty high.  He reached into the cabinet and grabbed some medicine.  He opened his bottle of children's Zyrtec and dumped it out all over the chair and the kitchen floor.  But more scary was he opened the bottle of my adult Zyrtec and had scattered about 50 pills around the kitchen.  (How he got the bottles opened, I have no clue.)  Not only were the pills everywhere, but I noticed he had white powder on his mouth from my Zyrtec pills.  At that time, I had no clue if he ate 1 or 10.  Right then, I picked up the phone and started my calls - my sister, Jonathan, the pediatrician, poison control.

After hearing all of the instructions, I began to watch Camden closely for several symptoms that could happen.  The poison control lady told me to to monitor him for 6 hours.  If he went through the 6 hour period with no problems, then he was "in the clear."  What a relief Jonathan and I felt after Camden reached the 6 hour mark with no issues.  YAY!  Maybe he only ate one pill, or just licked a little of the pill, who knows?  But I do know that I am so very thankful that he ended up being just fine.  Praise God!

Now, I am going to move all of our medicine to another location.  Where? No idea!  I have had our medicine in that cabinet since the day we moved into the house, 5 1/2 years ago.  Keep in mind, Austin nor Hudson have ever attempted to get into the cabinet.

And a quick note to myself...
NEVER leave Camden alone!
That child figures out how to get into anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment