Saturday, January 21, 2012

Jonathan's Old Stompin' Ground

This morning, the boys and I hung at the house, while Jonathan went to a prayer breakfast at our church.  I picked up around the house, and the boys played games and basketball.  Then, we decided to get dressed, since we were going to watch Jonathan shoot some hoops.

My mom and my nephew, Jackson, came over and rode with me and the boys to Rhodes College.  We went to watch Jonathan play in an alumni basketball game.  The alumni basketball players were playing against the current JV basketball team.  The boys were so excited to get to watch their daddy play some ball.  They've never seen him play in a basketball game.  Austin was a little more into the game than the other two.  Camden decided he would roam the bleachers the entire first half.  But after we went and bought some snacks, the boys lasted until the end.  I thought the guys played a pretty good game and Jonathan did great, especially considering he hasn't played in over a year.  And I do have to say that my hubby is pretty awesome at making some 3 pointers.  The alum didn't come out with a win, but there is always next year!











After the game was over, the alumni guys decided they would play each other - Old guys vs Young guys.  Guess which category Jonathan is now in... OLD!  Yep, he is no longer "just out of college."  Reality check at it's greatest.  And even though he is only a couple of years older than me, I am still going to consider myself as a part of the young crowd. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment