Yes, I know, Thanksgiving is next. And my son, Austin, reminds me daily of how upset he is that everyone is putting up Christmas decorations. Everytime he sees something about Christmas, he instantly shouts something along the lines of "Thanksgiving is next, NOT Christmas." But today, was the start of my Christmas thinking and getting in the spirit.
Jonathan and I took the boys to our church this afternoon for a "Family Advent Event." The church does this every year to get us ready for advent. We made an advent wreath, learned about advent, and the boys did some Christmas crafts. We had a great time!
The boys favorite part of advent is lighting the candles. We did this last year, and Austin and Hudson got to take turns blowing out the candle(s) after dinner. It could be interesting, this year, with Camden. He will probably have the candle blown out before we ever get it lit. Also, we have bible verses we will read and stories we will talk about at dinner. I can't wait to get started!
Until then, I will focus on Thanksgiving. Jonathan is frying the turkey and I am making a coconut cake. Wish me luck because I have no clue how the cake will turn out. My Mamaw made the world's best coconut cake and nothing comes close to her's. My wonderful mother will cook everything else.
I can't wait to eat some good food!
No comments:
Post a Comment