Monday, February 13, 2012

Rough Start

There are just some days when I feel like throwing in the towel.  As a parent, I know it's my job to discipline my children, but it's not always easy.  At times, I feel like I am doing great, then there are those other times.  This morning was one of those other times.  And it's hard dropping an unhappy child off at school.  All I could do was pray for him!  I know that my handling of the situation was right, so why did I feel so much guilt?  I needed reassurance.  Luckily, my husband was available to give it.  I have to remind myself that I am training my kids.  They need guidance and discipline.  Can't they just be perfect?  I don't like being called "mean."

Well, once I picked up Austin from school, I gave him a huge hug and kiss.  He knew his mistake, but he also knew he was forgiven.  He was in a great mood and all was good!

We came home and watched out the window at the snow/sleet/rain.  Then, I took dinner to my friend, Elizabeth.  Jonathan is out of town, so we ate dinner right at 5, then baked some Valentine cupcakes.  YUMMY!!









I have to get all my sweets in before the 22nd.  Jonathan and I are giving up sweets for lent.  And, as you know, the boys and I bake sweets 2-3 times a week.  We have dessert EVERY night!  Giving them up will not be easy!

Looking forward to Valentine's Day tomorrow!  I have some goodies to give the boys in the morning, then we have school Valentine parties.  It should be a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment