Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

The boys have been so excited all day that tomorrow is Christmas.  We made cookies and decorated them for Santa and made sure the house was picked up for Santa's arrival.  The joy that comes with children is indescribable.  What blessings from God!





As I sit here, Christmas Eve, I am reminded of how truly blessed I am.  God didn't have to send Jesus to earth to rescue me, but he did!  I , also, didn't have to be blessed with a wonderful husband and 3 amazing little boys, either.  But, God knows what I need.  And thanks be to God for my beautiful mother.  If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be here today.  Not to mention my sister, my extended family, and all of my friends.

We decided to change things up a bit this Christmas Eve and go the service at church.  Let me just say that attending a service with 3 boys (6 and under), candles, and fire was a little difficult.  I didn't hear one word that Pastor Shane said because I spent most of the time at the "candle table" with Camden.  I think he would have ended up with 20 candles if I would have let him.  However, he did enjoy the singing.  Camden LOVES to sing.  Everyone around us probably heard his loud singing, which I thought was beautiful.  The other two boys spent most of the time shaving their candles to create a mess of wax all over them, the chairs, and the floor.  When it was time to light the candles, Hudson almost caught Austin's shirt on fire.  I, quickly, blew his candle out, which almost caused a break down.  Now, I am laughing at the chaos.  Never a dull moment!

Once we got home, we got pajamas on the boys, set out the cookies they decorated for Santa and the milk, and put those sweet angels to bed.





I can't wait for the excitement in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment