First, I just love Sundays. A day to enjoy church, God, family and friends. I can't wait to hear what Pastor Shane preaches about and what I will take from his message. He is such an inspiration and an awesome preacher! However, yesterday, our old pastor, Dr. Bill Bouknight, preached. I really didn't get to hear much of his sermon because 2 of my little rascals were keeping me occupied.
Jonathan and I decided that we would start taking Austin and Hudson to "big" church with us, then let them go to Sunday school. They have joined us for about 4 Sundays. Well, this Sunday, they couldn't sit still and were a bit rambunctious. Right at the start of the service, Austin and Hudson both had to go to the bathroom. Jonathan was on the end, so he took them. Not long after they got back, I had to break up a fight. I really thought they were going to start punching each other right in the middle of church. After I got up off of the floor from breaking them apart and solving their problem, both seemed satisfied. Nope! Right when Dr. Bouknight got up to preach, Austin was thirsty. I took him out to get some water in a cup. Because I knew he would be upset if Austin came back with water, I got Hudson a cup, too. For some reason, Hudson downed his water and wanted more. I whispered "no." That was not what he wanted to hear. Jonathan's patience was running low and I could sense some frustration. Jonathan leaned over to grab Hudson off of the floor, and I just knew we were about to have a huge problem. If you don't already know, Hudson can be a very loud child. I was trying to give Jonathan slight gestures (grabbing his arm) to leave Hudson alone. Thankfully, he did. One more trip to the bathroom with Hudson, then the service was over.
Next Sunday, there will be a long talk before church.
Luckily, Jonathan and I did get some time in Sunday school without our sweet blessings. When we picked each boy up from Sunday school, they were excited to share what they had learned. Well, I guess Camden couldn't really share. :)
Here are the boys after church:
After some play time and Camden's nap, we went to Mimi's. I couldn't wait to get over there because she cooked lasagna for supper. DELICIOUS!
Now, ready for another week!
No comments:
Post a Comment