Monday, September 12, 2011

Date Night


Saturday, my mom took Austin and Hudson to her house to spend the day and night.  Since Jonathan and I just had Camden, I decided we needed a date night.  It has been a while since we went to dinner by ourselves and we really don't do it often enough.  We called Jonathan's sister, Jordan, hoping she would be available.  She was!!
Around 6:30, we went to Jim's Place for some drinks and great food. And boy do they pile on the food.  I was stuffed when we left.  For an appetizer, we had some delicious calamari and then, of course, bread.  For dinner, I had the jumbo shrimp stuffed with crab meat - YUMMY!  Jonathan went with the filet, which he thoroughly enjoyed.
Jonathan and I needed this time to talk and enjoy each other with no interruptions from our sweet little boys.  I think we get so caught up in everyday living, we forget to spend time with each other.  Even if we can only get a couple of hours away from our house and kids each week, I think it would do us some good.  Don't get me wrong, we get time together at home, but it's between our kid's bedtime and our bedtime.  That time is usually spent doing laundry, finishing home projects, and getting lunch, clothes, and bags together for the next morning.  I have decided to make it a priority to get away with my husband each (or every other) week, even if it's just for a short time.  I just love spending time with my wonderful husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment