This morning, we started our day at the soccer fields for Austin's game. His cute little team played a great game and left with another win. Yay!!
After the game, we met up with my sister's family for lunch to celebrate my nephew's birthday. Chayton, or Chaty-bug, turned 2 years old today! He is such a cutie! I love hearing him talk and watching him and Camden play together. They are little buddies, sometimes. :)
After a day of some yard work for Jonathan and some shopping for me, we went to a service at Jacob's Well. Some of our good friends, Jamey and Michelle Lee, started Jacob's Well. In short, Jacob's Well is a place where people come together from all different backgrounds and grow together in Christ. No one is turned away. You come as you are! It's a place where people overcome poverty, addictions, and racism, while growing in the gospel.
Tonight was our first time to visit Jacob's Well. Jonathan and I have been praying for quite some time now for a service opportunity for our family. And a couple of weeks ago, God answered our prayer. Michelle called me up and asked if Jonathan and I would be interested in helping them with Jacob's Well. They are starting up a new service that will be more family oriented and wanted our help. We went to a meeting and are in the process of getting this thing started. Far from my comfort zone, I know this is what God wants me to do right now. So since we are helping, Jonathan and I decided that we needed to experience a service to get a better feel for what Jacob's Well was all about. After tonight, we know! It's amazing what God is doing through Jamey and Michelle for so many people around Memphis. Simply amazing!! Here is the website for those who might want to learn more about Jacob's Well:
http://www.jacobswellmemphis.org
And feel free to come and experience this place. I can't describe the way you will feel when you leave, but know it's totally worth your time.
And feel free to come and experience this place. I can't describe the way you will feel when you leave, but know it's totally worth your time.


No comments:
Post a Comment