Monday, May 7, 2012

What a Weekend !

Finally, I get some time to sit down and update.

Last Friday, I got to spend the day with my angel boy, Austin.  The kindergarten classes went on a field trip to the zoo before school ends.  It was a very hot day, but a fun one, too!  After the zoo visit, we went over to Levitt Shell for a picnic lunch.  The shade felt great and the kids had a blast running around playing.








On Saturday, we went to Oxford to visit with Jonathan's family, and witness the baptism of our nephew, James.  We went to dinner with a group of 17 people at a Mexican place on Cinco de Mayo.  Can I say crowded?  And crazy?  But fun, too!  After dinner, we hung out for a bit, then hit the hay.


We woke up Sunday morning, got ready, and headed to the cutest little church.  James was baptized at Taylor United Methodist Church.  The church is small, welcoming, and just plain lovely.  The baptism was beautiful and baby James was so good.

Right when the service was over, we had to book it back to Memphis.  My other nephew, Chayton, was having his 2nd birthday party.  The party was a blast!  The boys played so hard the entire time.




I guess that just about sums it up.  Now, I've got a pretty busy week and an even busier weekend ahead.  Hopefully, I can keep up. :)

2 comments: