Today, my sweet angel graduated from kindergarten. Austin woke up in a great mood, ready to get the day started. For the first time ever, he put on a tie and sport coat for the big day. Boy did he think he was big! I know I am his momma, but he looked absolutely adorable!
The ceremony was amazing. The kids put on a wonderful performance. They sang, danced a little, and entertained a lot. I loved it! But sitting their watching my baby, my first born, walk across the stage to get his diploma brought me to tears. Then, his teacher got my eyes flowing. She tried to read a poem, but got choked up with tears. And after watching a slide show of the kids, showing baby pictures through kindergarten pictures, I cried more. It was so sweet, yet so sad. I realized just how much my baby has grown in the last 6 years.
After graduation, we went to lunch at Owen Brennan's to celebrate.
How could a little, strong-willed toddler turn into such an independent, kind-hearted, "big" boy overnight? He brings so much joy and excitement to our family. I can't imagine a day without him.
Congratulations Austin! You are officially a first grader!
Also, I finally got to give Jonathan's mom her Mother's Day gift.













No comments:
Post a Comment