Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hudson gets Stitches :(

I knew with 3 boys that my life would be full of bumps, bruises, scrapes, and cuts from rough housing, and hoped for nothing worse.  Well, after Austin cracked the bone in his hand last year, I had a feeling that as the boys grew older, I would get to experience more than a little cut.  I just didn't realize that the time would come last night.

I was home with the boys, preparing dinner, while they played out in the backyard.  Like almost everyday, they all three were enjoying a game of football.  I had just walked over to the door to check on them, when I see Hudson falling towards the edge of our wooden deck.  BLAM!  His face goes down!  Austin was tackling him, and Hudson's face went straight for the deck.  Immediately, I run out, scoop him into my arms, and see the blood pouring out.  Hudson was screaming, Austin was terrified, and Camden looked as if he thought we were all crazy.  We ran inside, I grabbed some rags, and applied pressure.  I'm not the best when my babies get hurt, but I think I did a pretty good job holding it together.  After several phone calls, while consoling Hudson, I had a plan.

(One plan was to get a picture to send to my mom and sister.)

All the doctor's offices were closed for the day, and the ER was not sounding like a great idea.  My sister works for a general surgeon, and he was willing to meet us at his office and take care of Hudson.  Jonathan got home, and we all jumped in the car and headed to the office.  My sister and her boys met us there.  While we waited on the doctor, the boys ran wild around the empty office.

Once the doctor arrived, my sister and I took Hudson back to a room.  I could tell he was really nervous, but he did great!  Hudson was one tough, little boy.  He didn't even shed a tear.  Once the stitches were in, we were good to go.  He will go back on Monday to get them out.  Until then, I have to make sure he doesn't get hit or anything in that spot.  I think I am more nervous about these stitches than Hudson.


No comments:

Post a Comment