Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Games, and more Games

This season, we told Austin he could only play one sport.  With 3 boys, Jonathan and I know how busy our future will be with different activities for each kid.  Why not go ahead and set the rules, so each of our boys will know they have to make a choice on what they want to do for the particular season?  Or, at least that's what we tried to do.

Austin enjoys football and soccer, but he picked football, since he has never played, and was dying to be on a team.  After some emails back and forth with his previous soccer coach, I couldn't keep him from playing soccer.  So here we are, attending football and soccer practices, and games.  I figured why not go ahead before this 4th baby gets here.  Next season will be a different story, I think! :)  Luckily, Hudson and Camden are good sports, and don't complain too much about the games.

Last Saturday, we started out with the football game.  Since the previous week was cancelled, this was their first real game.  And boy did they play hard.  We ended up with a tie, 6-6.  Austin was thrilled because he scored the touchdown for our team.  Go Purple Wave!!  Now, they have to prepare for Thursday's game.










We had just enough time after the football game to drive through McDonald's to get some lunch before Austin's soccer game.  After shoving our chicken and burgers down, we were on to the soccer field.  I was worried that Austin would be exhausted, but not at all.  That kid has more energy than I've ever had in my life.  Austin and his teammates played great!  After watching them play, I was so glad we made the decision to let Austin play again.  Their little team plays so well together.  They all support each other, and have a great time doing it!  The boys finished the game with a win!






Jonathan and I were planning on taking the boys to the Memphis game that Saturday evening, but we changed our minds.  After being gone all day, we wanted some time at home.  We ended up ordering pizza, watching football on TV, and playing outside with the boys.  Great evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment