Monday, September 10, 2012

Ending on a Sick Note

Saturday morning, Austin woke up ready for his first flag-football game.  Since rain and bad weather had been hanging around, we were excited to see the sun out.  What a perfect day for a football game!  Or, NOT.  My mom and my nephew met us at our house, and rode with us to the fields.  Once we got there, the parking lot looked a bit empty, but our team was ready to play.  After warming up for 30 minutes, and seeing no sign of the other team, or the refs, we figured something must be wrong.  The fields were closed!  OOPS!  Had we checked the website, we would have known.  We didn't want the boys to be disappointed, so they scrimmaged each other for the parents to watch.  We cheered on our boys, and enjoyed the sunshine.








After the game, Austin went home with one of his friends, and the rest of my crew came back to our house.  Hudson and Camden spent the afternoon playing with my nephew, while Jonathan and I visited with my mom.  After a few hours, my mom and I went to pick Austin up from his friend's house.  When he got in the car, I could tell something wasn't right.  He started crying and complaining that his throat was hurting.  When we got home, I took his temperature, which was 101.4.  His mouth looked clear, but he wasn't feeling good at all.

By Sunday morning, Austin had red bumps in the back of his mouth and was still running fever.  After a trip to the doctor, we found out he has strep. :(  Poor baby has been in so much pain.  After a day home from school today, he seems to be doing better.  I hope he continues to feel better.  Now, pray that everyone else in our house stays well.

No comments:

Post a Comment