Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hudson starts Junior Kindergarten

I have been wondering how today was going to go.  Hudson is my home body.  Literally, he would love to be home schooled, and spend every single day with me.  Last year, he went to school for half days, but this year, it's full days.  So this morning, I really talked up his teachers, friends, and class.  Austin was even telling him how much fun he would have, and what all he would get to do in JK.

Hudson ended up getting ready without a problem, and seemed to be okay with his first day.  When we got to the school, totally different story.  He let me know that he was not ready to start school. :(  After some coaxing, I got him in the room.  And luckily, he has some special teachers that embraced him immediately.







All morning, I thought about him.  He only had to go a half day, since it was his first day.  So I went to Target and got some "happys" for each of my boys.  One way I got Hudson in the room was by telling him I would bring him something special when I picked him up.  When I got to the school to get him, he came out with a grin.  Relief!  He told me that he had so much fun.  I gave him his "happy" and we went on a lunch date.  I loved hearing him talk about his morning.  So glad he enjoyed it!  I just hope it goes well tomorrow.

When I picked up the other 2, they were very excited to get a "happy," too!

2 comments:

  1. So glad his day went well. He is such a cutie, love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melissa!! Miss seeing you!!

    ReplyDelete