Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Are you Ready for Some Football?

And I'm not talking about college football.  I'm talking about 1st grade flag-football!

Austin has been dying to play football for so long.  After looking into several programs, I found a league that's perfect for Austin.  Jonathan and I weren't ready for Austin to start tackle football, and we don't think he was ready, either.  So I got a team together from his 1st grade class, and they love it!  Jonathan is the head coach, and some other dad's are helping out, too.  Austin is having a blast!!




This past weekend, the team had Jamboree.  Of course, right when the game was about to start, it started pouring down rain.  But that didn't stop our boys from having an awesome game, and enjoying every minute of it.  I was so impressed with how well they played.  Austin was adorable running down the field to score a touchdown.  I could not have been prouder!  He was thrilled!  Watching them win their first game was so much fun, even if we were soaking wet!

A few players on the team:

2 comments: