Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Very, Merry Christmas

Christmas, one of my favorite holidays, was great this year.  There's nothing better than slowing down, spending time with family, and celebrating the birth of Jesus.  Pure joy!

The boys and I started our celebrating by making some cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve day.  We baked some sugar cookies, and they decorated them beautifully.



Then, we had to quickly get cleaned up and ready for the Christmas Eve service at church.  We weren't exactly sure how Camden was going to do sitting through the service, but, luckily, it was a family service.  Lots of kiddos in the place!  And it was a good thing because Camden was wild.  He couldn't sit still for longer than about 15 seconds.  However, I'm still glad we went.  The service was great!


Once we got back home, the boys put on their pajamas, and we settled down to read.  We set the cookies out for Santa, and off to bed the boys went - or so we thought.  Because of all the excitement, they had a hard time falling right to sleep.




Christmas morning, we woke up around 7:00 to see what Santa brought in the night.  The boys were thrilled!!  I love the excitement that Christmas morning brings to my sons' faces.  Adorable!  We opened presents, laughed, played with toys, ate some breakfast, and enjoyed the morning.  I was soaking it up!












After a while, Jonathan started frying his turkey, while the boys and I got ready for the day.  Once we were all ready and the turkey was all done, we packed up our car to head to my mom's house to celebrate with my family.  After enjoying a delicious meal done all by my mom, we started with the gifts.  It was so much fun seeing the kids so excited and happy over their presents.  And the adults got some great gifts, too!











As the fun-filled day came to an end, I had some time to rest on the couch with my hubby.  As we sat there watching the boys play with new toys, I was reminded, once again, of how extremely blessed I am.  I love my life!  Thank you God for my precious blessings!

Hope y'all had a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment