Monday, June 11, 2012

When it Rains, it Pours

You never want to have a shop vac in your house.  Why?  Because it means you have water in your home.  So much that you can't soak it all up with towels.

As I was cooking dinner, I walked around the corner only to find a huge amount of water leaving the laundry room, headed straight for the kitchen.  I ran over, shut the washing machine off, and grabbed towels to stop the water from getting any further.  Thank God I saw it when I did, before it reached our hardwood floors.  Immediately, I called Jonathan.  He left work, stopped by a friend's house to borrow his shop vac, and came home to check out the situation.  In about an hour, all of the water was out of the floor, and Jonathan was on to clean up #2.



Luckily, the rain stopped long enough for the boys to play outside.  If not, they would have had a blast in all of the water inside.



Next on the list was fixing the gutters.  Yes, we had another little issue.  A section of our gutters was coming off of our house.  I guess with all the rain, the screws came loose, and the gutter moved away from our house.  Nothing my husband couldn't fix! :)


Then, back to the washing machine issue.  Why did water and suds leak out to the floor?  We figured out it was something clogged in the pipe.  So Jonathan got his "snake thing" and, hopefully, cleared up the blockage.  I have tons of laundry, so I will be trying it out tomorrow.  But I will be watching it like a hawk the entire time it's running.  Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment